Roku has always been a great option for all those who wish to enjoy popular TV & movies on the small screen. Still, there is something missing from the platform that could make it even better. A lot of people use Roku every single day but don’t give it much attention because they mistake it for just another TV. However, when you dive into the details, you will find that there is much more to this than meets the eye. Popcorn Time is an application that has taken the Internet by storm and made using your smart TV an ultimate binge-watching experience. This makes using a Roku an essential requirement if you love enjoying movies, shows, or any type of media on your TV.
Popcorn Time is an awesome streaming service that offers you tons of great movies, TV shows, and other original content for less than $10 a month. So why should you subscribe to Popcorn Time? It’s because the service is totally free. Popcorn Time uses peer-to-peer networking technology to distribute its multimedia content peer to peer without any commercial impediments and requires absolutely no special software application, networking equipment, or installation on your computer or smartphone. You don’t have to worry about any hidden costs as Popcorn Time gives away its entire library for free.
How Do I Install Popcorn Time on Roku?
Installing Popcorn Time on Roku is difficult because there is no official version available on the Roku Store. Meanwhile, for your ease here we have covered the best ways to watch Popcorn Time content on Roku TV.
How to Get to the Popcorn Time Roku Channel Using Plex
If you have a Plex media player on Roku as well as a Windows PC, you can use the Popcorn Time app on Roku.
- First and foremost, you should launch Popcorn Time on your PC.
- Following the setup process, navigate to the Channels section.
- Look for Popcorn Time and download it from its official website.
- And in the meantime, access the Plex channel on Roku from the Channel Store section.
- On Roku, use the same login credentials as you would on a PC.
- With this, you can use Plex on your media player to access Popcorn Time.
How to Use a PC (Mac Or Windows) to Play Popcorn Time on Roku?
- Popcorn Time may be streamed on Roku if your PC has Popcorn Time and is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Roku.
- To begin, download and install Popcorn Time on your PC.
- Users must press Windows Key + P to access the Easy Display Switcher menu on a Windows PC. Similarly, Mac users should hit Command + P.
- On the following page, choose the Roku device.
- On Roku, a prompting message will display. Simply press Accept to mirror your PC’s screen to your Roku.
- Finally, click to play any video on Popcorn Time PC, and it will be cast to a Roku-enabled smart TV.
Queries Regarding The Use Of Popcorn Time:
Is it safe to watch Popcorn Time if you don’t have a VPN?
It is possible to use Popcorn Time without a VPN, however, it is not advised. Popcorn Time is lawful, and you will not be prosecuted for using it; nonetheless, a large majority of content on the site, virtually all of it, is copyrighted and watching it is prohibited.
Is Popcorn Time prohibited in Belgium?
In Belgium and most other nations, popcorn time is prohibited. It downloads copyrighted movies using the torrent system. It is the same as downloading from The Pirate Bay.
Is the Popcorn Time App secure?
Other Popcorn Time versions, such as getpopcorntime.is and popcorn-time.ch, are fraudulent sites rife with VPN advertising and possible virus/malware. If you want to watch free movies on your Android smartphone with Popcorn Time, go to internet download sources and get the Popcorn Time APK.
Although there is no Roku support for Popcorn Time, this article has shown you how to stream its contents in a variety of methods. As a result, you can watch all of your favorite shows whenever and wherever you want for free. Hope you liked this post!