Having an active subscription to Dailymotion is a true blessing!! As the video-sharing app is popular to allow its users to upload videos like YouTube, Facebook, and TikTok. Each day, millions of people come to watch the latest captivating stories on Dailymotion and discover exclusive videos from independent content creators or premium partners. You can find all the latest and trending content based on music, sports, and much more. It’s fast, free, and easy to find the content you want. Now available on Roku.
Well, if you are enthusiast enough to activate and watch Dailymotion on Roku, then the application demands you to create your free account first on Dailymotion. Once you create an account, the service will allow you to catch all the latest trends happening in the community of Dailymotion.
Does the Dailymotion App Work on Your Roku Device?
This answer is No, as the Dailymotion is no longer accessible in the Roku Channel Store. We all are well-versed with the fact that Roku is one of the most sought-after HD streaming devices that lets you play several channels and apps on a big screen, still, Dailymotion is not downloadable on Roku due to certain reasons.
Now, the question is how to watch Dailymotion on Roku? Is there any method to run Dailymotion videos on Roku? Well, to help you in this case, there is still one option available that lets you watch Dailymotion on Roku. And to know more about the option below is a detailed guide to ease your concern.
Alternative Way To Install Dailymotion on Roku –
Screen mirroring and casting is the best way to get Dailymotion on your Roku Device. All you require is to cast the screen of a secondary device such as iPhone, PC, and Android phone on your TV screen connected with Roku. The complete process is pretty simple to execute and barely takes a minute or so.
However, if you have decided to go with the screencasting method, you need to first enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku device, by following the outlined steps below:
- To start the process, Power on your Roku Device.
- Now, you need to navigate to the Settings option.
- Choose System and then proceed further to select Screen Mirroring.
- Finally, choose Always Allow and you are good to go to enable casting.
How to Watch Dailymotion on Roku Using Screen Mirroring Method?
Follow the steps vigorously to watch Dailymotion Roku connected TV.
Screen Mirroring Using Android Screen –
- Connect your Roku device to the TV with the HDMI port.
- Next, connect your Android phone and Roku device to the same WiFi.
- Navigate to the Roku Device Settings option.
- Click on the enable screen mirroring option and then select on Prompt.
· In the next step, unlock your smartphone and tap to open the Google Play Store to install the Dailymotion app.
· Right after this, open the Settings button and select Connection and Sharing.
· Tap, Cast option and move further to click on the “Cast Toggle” to enable it.
· From your smartphone, select your Roku device from the searched results.
· And once both the devices are connected well, launch the Dailymotion app on your smartphone to stream the app online.
Screen Mirroring Using Windows and Mac Screen –
· Connect your Roku device to the TV with the HDMI port.
· Next, do connect your Windows or Mac screen and Roku device to the same WiFi.
· After this, open your Roku settings and enable the option, which says “Screen Mirroring”.
· Now, access the browser’s address bar and type Dailymotion web to open https://www.dailymotion.com/in.
· Complete the login-in process with the active Dailymotion credentials.
· Then, select Cast by right-clicking on the Dailymotion web page.
· This will open a pop-up window featuring all the available devices, hence you are advised to tap on the Source Drop Down option.
· Finally, select tabs and then choose your device name from the drop-down menu to cast Dailymotion contents on your Roku connected TV screen.
To Sum-up Everything –
Open your door to the world of video with Dailymotion. However, if you consider installing Dailymotion on Roku, then unfortunately the app is not accessible on premium devices like Roku. But, you don’t need to worry about this, as you can still watch short-form videos from independent content creators, and more premium content from brands, musicians, and even news publications on your Roku device. For this, you need to take the help of a casting or screen mirroring method to effectively watch Dailymotion contents on the TV screen.